So long, REWSS!

by - Friday, June 01, 2012

Today marks my 2nd anniversary in REWSS. I guess you'll be asking me what REWSS is, it is the company where I first worked professionally. The kind of work I always dreamt to have, to be working with the people you bond with, to share the fun and laughter with your co-teammates even with your superiors, to have a great relationship with all of them, most of all -- to be stressed and to be frustrated together with the people who lightens up your work.

It was the greatest 2 years of my professional life, I know it'll sound biased because that is the only experience I have as of now. I don't know, but they are just the best people you can ever work with. Of course each company has its own ups and downs, it's all part of the work and the environment... but it is what pushes us to learn more and grow.

The last 2 months has been a struggle for everyone, mostly for the company. Last April 23, the management announced that they are to close the company to prevent further losses... but I already knew that the day before it was announced. Our manager thought it was useless to wait til the announcement for the people outside the company knew it already. It was the most disheartening news I have ever heard. I tried not to cry while our manager is telling us why, and with whatever he thought about it because he didn't knew that kind of plan. I held on to those falling tears, until I asked a friend to see me so I could cry already. I was also in the verge of moving to another company then because of my responsibilities at home, but I am not yet prepared to leave. Well, that is the go signal I needed. I don't know how interviews or applications work, for I haven't had my real interview since my internship days... so finding another job is quite threatening for me at first. I have been in several interviews since the announcement, and it's not easy as I thought it was. Others found a replacement easily, but I don't. Even telling the truth to my family was hard, harder than any of the truth. At first I planned to find a job before I could tell it to my mom, but everyone pushed me to tell it already; so as not to prolong the agony to them and to myself also. After I did, I was relieved but I still have to continue to keep the faith of finding a new job.

Yesterday was the last official working day in the office. Though it didn't became a working day, but the last day to be there and be with the people whom you've work with for a long time. I have seen familiar faces, also some that I haven't met before but was part of why REWSS became the REWSS once it is before. I never thought that it will be that emotional. Party kicked in, and everyone was having so much fun. Added the nonstop singing of the people who loves to sing by the videoke. It was fun while it lasted. When people started to leave one by one, it was when reality started to sink in. I won't be able to see them the day after, I won't get to work with them in the next days of my life. Did I cry? Yes I did. It was never an easy feeling to see people hugging and saying their goodbyes and goodlucks to each other. My heart just fell when someone hugged me so tight and left. I kept holding back my tears so I won't mess up a happy night, but I couldn't help it... it is the right time to not hold back on anything. Those people just became part of my daily lives... and I should get used to not seeing and teasing them anymore. It just feels surreal until now. I know each one of us will arrive to our next destination, but it will never be the same again.

Goodbyes are the hardest, I must say. I was never good on saying goodbye to people I love. Yet I know God has bigger plans for us, for the company. After all, I'm just blessed to have met all of them. I kept thanking God for surrounding me with such great people. I will never forget each one of them, some may be part of a good memory, some may be bad... but they made my stay a memorable one. I love those people, God knows how hard it could be leaving REWSS, even the ex-employees know that.

Thank you to everyone who molded me to a better person, to a better professional I could ever be. I know I'm prepared enough to move out and shine again, but I will never forget the goodness with that 2 years have taught me. To the expats, to the managers, to the team leaders and to everyone.. THANK YOU. And to REWSS, you have made everyone the best as they could be as possible. Thank you for having me as a part of your great company, I hope to see you as big as it was again. May God bless us all.

"The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace." - Numbers 6:24-26

You May Also Like

0 comments