Going Geek: Th1rteen R3asons Why
Anyone of you whoever thought of suicide? Killing yourself because you don't feel loved, appreciated, and needed? What would you do if suddenly a box came in your doorstep full of casette tapes for you to listen, when it is about how someone came to the thought of killing herself? What would you do if you're one of the reasons why she did that?
Well Hannah Baker does, and that's how the story evolved. She is the main character of the book who actually killed herself because of those reasons. I was actually mindfucked after finishing the book. I felt her depression and her wanting to feel needed -- but she didn't let anybody make her feel that; actually no, almost everyone made her feel worthless. Before she died, she recorded 7 tapes, containing stories and reasons why she felt like killing herself. Each side of the tape named a person and a story behind why that person is named. If you received the tapes, probably you're one of them; and if you're done listening to it... those tapes are needed to be passed along on to the 13th person.
It's quite creepy while reading the novel, for it made me feel like I'm hearing Hannah Baker... like I'm just hearing those tapes myself. I would never love to put myself to the position of those who received it, yet not all of them are part of why Hannah killed herself. There's one guy, Clay Jensen, who is not part of Hannah's reasons but was given the tape because he needed to know what happened. It was Clay Jensen's turn when the whole story evolved, he started to go to places where Hannah told in the tapes to go to... and why. Every place and people has a story, a sad, breaking story. And that made me super sad how Hannah felt so down about herself.
I can tell that it is a must read, but not for people who are easily distracted by depression! I don't want you guys to feel what Hannah felt, I just want you to read it so you would realize how many people loves you and not to look at life as how Hannah did. I hope people could see life positively, that God loves us unconditionally, especially our family and friends. After reading it, I felt the need of hugging Hannah Baker (if that is possible to do so before she did that), I don't know... it's just that people needs to feel cared and loved, even with a simple hug.
Love life guys, we just have one life in this world... and let us try to live it as if today is our last day. You guys are loved, please keep that in mind.:) x


0 comments