...and More Slam Poetry.

by - Sunday, June 02, 2013

The Gift

If my dad were alive, he'd
be sitting right there
Watching me up here, with a
smile on his face
He'd be proud of the man I've
become
He'd be proud that I stepped u
to take this place
If my mother were alive, she'd
be at home
Teaching my brother all the
things she taught me
She'd be proud of the man I've
become
She'd be proud of who I grew
up to be
But they aren't here. They
haven't been for a while.
It takes time, but it's starting to
make sense.
I still miss them every time I
take a breath.
Their absence will never go un-
noticed.
But every smile on your face
seems to replace
A memory I'd rather not hold
Each time you laugh, it fills a
void
Each kiss heals another wound
in my soul
If my dad were here, he'd be
sitting with you
He'd be hugging you . . . saying
thank you.
Thank you for saving my boy.
Thank you for bringing light to
his world.
If my mother were here, she'd
be so happy
To finally have a daughter in
her life
She'd love you as much as I
love you
She'd make me promise to one
day make you my wife
But they aren't here. They
haven't been for a while.
But I can feel their pride. I can
feel their smiles.
I can hear them say, "You're
welcome, Will."
When I thank them for
sending you from heaven.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Final Piece

We're born in to the
world
As just one small piece to the
puzzle
That make up an entire life.
It's up to us throughout our
years,
to find all of our pieces that fit.
The pieces that connect who we
are
To who we were
To who we'll one day be.
Sometimes pieces will almost
fit.
They'll feel right.
We'll carry them around for a
while,
Hoping they'll change shape.
Hoping they'll conform to our
puzzle.
But they won't.
We'll eventually have to let
them go.
To find the puzzle that is their
home.
Sometimes pieces won't fit at
all.
No matter how much we want
them to.
We'll shove them.
We'll bend them.
We'll break them.
But what isn't meant to be,
won't be.
Those are the hardest pieces of
all to accept.
The pieces of our puzzle
That just don't belong.
But occasionally . . .
Not very often at all,
If we're lucky,
If we pay enough attention,
We'll find a
perfect match.
The pieces of the puzzle that
slide right in
The pieces that hug the con-
tours of our own pieces.
The pieces that lock to us.
The pieces that we lock to.
The pieces that fit so well, we
can't tell where our piece begins
And that piece ends.
Those pieces we call
Friends.
True loves.
Dreams.
Passions.
Beliefs.
Talents.
They're all the pieces that complete
our puzzles.
They line the edges,
Frame the corners,
Those pieces are the pieces that
make us who we are.
Who we were.
Who we'll one day be.
Up until today,
When I looked at my own puzzle,
I would see a finished piece.
I had the edges lined,
The corners framed,
The center filled.
It felt like it was complete.
All the pieces were therespan.
I had everything I wanted.
Everything I needed.
Everything I dreamt of.
But up until today,
I realized I had collected all
but one piece.
The most vital piece.
The piece that completes the
picture.
The piece that completes my
whole life.
I held this girl in my arms
She wrapped her tiny fingers
around mine.
It was then that I realized
She was the fusion.
The glue.
The cement that bound all my
pieces together.
The piece that seals my puzzle.
The piece that completes my
life.
The element that makes me
who I am.
Who I was.
Who I'll one day be.
You, my baby girl.
You're my final piece.


You may wonder why there are words in bold, I have yet to find it out too. Haha, I seriously don't know why there are words like that... maybe they rhyme to the other or is connected to other words. I don't know. All I know is I seriously fell in love with slam poetry that I am planning to do one soon. Will post it here if I managed to do so... there, I hope you liked it too. :)

You May Also Like

0 comments