Time Capsule.
If there's one thing I'm really thankful for the past year, it's the love I received from my family and friends. That unconditional love I never had to ask for, but I receive it eventhough I don't deserve it anymore. Speaking of friends, one of the most I am thankful for is that I have been with this group for more than 8 years already; in which I never thought that kind of genuine friendship actually exists -- Fierces. I know I've been writing stuff about these people once in a while because I'm really thankful that I have people like them. People may not understand how we all treat each other, but I guess that's the secret we have. It's the kind of friendship I never asked nor ever dreamt of having, but I am just blessed to have it. It was the year 2012 when we decided to have a late Christmas Party slash a year-end party. It became traditional then on. We just added another milestone last December; most especially we had people with us that we haven't seen for years.
It was a different kind of party compared than the first one we had. 2012 was pure catching up, casually meeting up again for we even rented a place that we don't usually do. 2013 was a crazy barbecue party! Ha. Crazy in the sense that we planned to meet in a place where that friendship grew, had a theme to wear on, even had games that we will forever remember playing on (yes, as I am laughing while I'm writing this, remembering what happened during those games). Hahaha! But on a serious note, it was a perfect time to reflect on ourselves, on our friendship. We had this Time Capsule activity on where we are all given a sheet of paper and a pen. It's up to us on whatever we like to write in that paper; may it be about ourselves, about each other, or in general. And we really took time to write on that. What made it extra beautiful and memorable was when we were done, one by one had to describe what 2013 is to them. It really got emotional sharing and hearing each other's speech. It was somehow a big, big move that solidified this friendship more. One by one shared the beauty and hardship they had on that year, each of us knowing that we all go through some shit we never even knew happened to each other. Then that is the only time we put our letters to the jar.
As what I have posted on my instagram account, "It may look like a container full of notes, but those notes are something we'll look back and read years after (5 years to be exact). Notes/letters that will remind us who we were, who we are and who we will be." And what a better way to close the lid by sealing it with a prayer. I cried on how Renel lead that prayer. There are always a first time for everything, and I believed that was the first time we ever prayed altogether. It was just beautiful that I was not able to hold back my tears because it felt like this friendship has the blessing it always had. We may always make fun of each other, make fun of each other's situation, but what's important is that we don't grow as a person alone; but we grow as a group too. Fierces are the kind of people you can never turn your back on to. They have been the ones who never and will never judge me even if I do wrong. Hence, they support me and correct me if I need to be corrected. They are those I wanted my own family to meet if ever I will have one in the future. They are those I share everything with. And 8 years is just a number; we'll continue counting as years go by even if our hair starts to go grey and even if we have to make fun of our old faces.
These are one of the reasons why I was able to gather myself in times I kept falling and failing last year. One of my sources of strength. My stress-relievers. Unfortunately, my alcoholic friends.:)) HAHAHA. Seriously though, I've never been thankful my whole life that I was blessed to have them in my life. Thank you, Fierces. Cheers to the amazing 8 years and counting! I am looking forward to share more memories with you guys. So thank you, literally for everything.
love always, _myles :] *play the diva song ahaha*

0 comments