Her.

by - Sunday, February 02, 2014

My friend, Tzie has been bombarding the Twitter feed last week with dialogues/quoted lines and her reaction from a certain movie. Knowing her, once she liked something -- whether it's a movie, a song or whatever; she'll immediately recommend it to me. And because I am such a good supportive friend, I go check it out because she says so. ehem! :)) Thankfully, I got plenty time this long weekend so I downloaded the movie she's been dying to make me watch it -- Her.

At first, I was confused with the movie's plot. I am amazed with the kind of technology the movie is portraying to me because it was just pretty amazing. Theodore, that person in the poster which of course is the main character of the movie is a letter writer. Imagine how he's just saying the content of the letter as if he's talking to someone; then the computer recognizes his voice and does all the typing and stuff, then he commands print, and booya, the document instantly prints! But he is lonely and going through a divorce. His life is like a routine, basically on how technology just revolves on his daily basis, it's like voice command is his best friend. Suddenly, he saw this new creation about an OS bond, in which it could talk to you like it's there. It understands you, will remind you of things, will make you feel like you're not alone and could even fall in love with you.

I know it's too unlikely to have an OS-human relationship. As complicated as it seems to be, Her made a way to make you feel like you're Theodore. It's like it has its own way of affecting you. I instantly felt sad and empty as the movie goes by, and I was shattered on its ending. I feel like I became more heartbroken that I ever was after watching it. I seriously want to cry right now. It's amazing how a certain movie could do this to its viewers, but I hate how I can't recover that easily from what it made me feel. I'm afraid that I could fall in love with the thought of love itself too, more probably scared that one day, because technology is growing so fast... a Theodore and Samantha relationship could happen to anyone. It's so beautiful and moving that I want to cry. I never saw a movie like this, it's weird and maybe most won't get what I feel but I believe that this is one of the movies you should watch. Like I want to see more movies like this. My words won't define how good it is but it's beautifully, beautifully done.

Thanks chichi, but I hate you for what I feel right now.</3 haha!

You May Also Like

0 comments