What's your greatest achievement? Why?

by - Friday, September 19, 2014

I've been trying to put into words what has happened last April 21. I can't seem to describe everything until I was given an essay exam the other day and the title of this post were one of the questions. And writing about it would probably be the one of the most personal posts I've ever written here.

Back then, I would try to remember everything I did in my career, in my life, if there was or were great achievements I had. Yes I could recall some, but I can't truly say that it was that great to be considered. So what was my answer?

"My greatest achievement so far was that I was able to send my sister to college. <insert other sentences here that I don't exactly remember>".

But yeah, that was it. For four years, I was able to support my sister's education and everything that she needed. I was just starting a career then that I had to step front on this responsibility because someone really had to. There were circumstances that led me here, most especially because we decided to make my mom stop working. And that was totally fine, I would rather work my ass off than lose her in the process. Thinking all about it now, I'm not even sure how I did it. Imagine how much the tuition fee is right now. Plus my sister's course was Architecture -- imagine how much the materials cost, the pens, everything that she needed while studying. I could have travelled to my dream destination will all of that! It is not that I am counting what I spent, but it is because I am sooooooooo much grateful how God can provide. I've lost my job twice when my sister was still studying, and the weight is all on me. I used to worry how will I be able to send her to school if I won't find a job right away, how I used to worry not only for myself, but because her future was at stake also. Miraculously, God provided. He always provides.

And so this is the greatest gift I could ever give to my sister: Education. I now understand what the parents feel like whenever their child graduates or is done with school. There's this level of satisfaction or maybe pride that bursts inside when you see them accepting a diploma on stage. Ahh! Wild. I almost cried when she walked off that stage. This is how God's magic works. :)

 


My beginning started that day, and I am forever blessed that the Lord God guided us all throughout this journey. Thank You. Also to everyone who supported me and knew my battles. It wasn't easy, but it is all worth it.:)

You May Also Like

0 comments