Psalm 23:1
Each waking day is a blessing. I was reminded of that yesterday. I never experienced sleep paralysis ever in my whole existence; well, until yesterday. It was a normal day as per usual, but we did eat at a noodle house I haven't been before. Since I'm currently inlove with Chinese food -- dumplings, xiao long bao, etc. I ate more than I could breathe! How can you not resist Har Kau? And also since it will be Sunday the next day, I needed to sleep early for church; especially it is our Thanksgiving Day.
I fell asleep by 11pm. My stomach was hurting a bit before I slept, but after drinking water, it went back to normal. So I was sleeping soundly until my bladder got full and wanted me to pee at around 2 something in the morning. After which, I tried getting back to sleep with no good. I was tossing and turning, googling on how to get back to sleep and all that, but I still was not able to sleep. I was supposed to be up by 6-6:30am and it is 5 freaking am already. That's when I told myself to try and take a nap even for an hour... and then inevitable thing happened.
I was still conscious that time, my mind wasn't wandering anymore and it felt like I'm about to get my sleep already. But then my mind panicked when I heard noises from my left side. I am not sure if it was just a thunder, because I believe it was raining on that hour... if it is my vertigo acting up that the ringing in my ear was just too loud, or if it is there's noise in my bed. It suddenly stopped, and I cannot move anymore for a few seconds. Yes, I never knew it was even possible. There was something heavy on my chest or where my hand was... I cannot speak, nor move, nor scream even if I want to! My mind instantly recited the verse 'The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want' and everything was gone. I'm not sure why of all the verses in the Bible, but that sure did save me. It was like being helpless at once. I want to knock on any of my housemate's door just to cry and not feel alone because I was damn too afraid of what happened to me. I instantly turned on my lights and I wasn't able to go back to sleep since then. I was scared, shaking, crying, and I certainly do not know what to do. It was then that I was scared in my own room... but I am praying that God will keep me from harm always. Maybe sleeping with a full stomach is really a bad thing then. :(
With what happened, I could not thank God more that I am still able to wake up. It was a reminder that every single day is a blessing and we should be always thankful for His gift. I'm still scared, but I hope this won't get to experience it ever again.

0 comments