Sharing the Word

by - Sunday, February 07, 2016

I have this huge respect for people who get to live their lives sharing the Word of God. Others move from one place to another just to reach people who needs to hear it and to know just how they do it is something I can't imagine. I am not the person who is very vocal with my faith. I write about it, yes. I do share it with my sister and with Lorraine because sharing is giving too. That's why I'm usually happy when I see someone being able to do our purpose here on Earth by spreading the Word of  God. I forgot when I started doing it, but I vowed to myself and onto the Lord that I will study His Word and will continue my devotion no matter what. 

There was a time when a contractor came here into our house to clean our water tank. We needed to drain it over and over because it suck in the dirt from the main water pipe due to a pipe outburst somewhere in Cyberjaya. I needed to check and observe if they're doing it properly so I had to stay anywhere near them. I was busy browsing my phone when one of them talked to me and asked how is it living here. I remember saying I was scared that time because there were news of snakes being caught in other houses. And instead of asking more about me, I was surprised that he placed his phone on the dining table where I was sitting; opened a Bible app, and read a verse to me regarding snakes! The last thing I know is that he's sharing the Word of God to me already. I was on the verge of crying. I needed God's Word more than anything else during that time, and that man reminded me that God is with me -- always. That I need not to worry about anything because the end is so near. We continued to talk about the Lord and he continued to read more verses to me. I remember telling him that I do read a chapter from the Bible every night and he said that it is better if I'll join a Bible study group in order to understand it more. Because sometimes, a discussion with a certain topic can help us understand things better. He is part of Jehovah's Witnesses, and he gained my respect on how he can talk to someone he doesn't know personally about Him simply wanting to share and to attract people to listen to His Word.

Until then, my hunger for studying the Bible grew more and more. I thought I was doing fine by just reading a chapter of it every night. I thought learning about it and trying to understand it alone would make me understand the Word. And he's right, study groups can really help when you want to learn more about the Bible -- that's the time when I joined Homes. Homes is a Bible study group from a Born Again Christian church here that conducts the study in a house/home. It usually happens every 1st and 3rd Friday of the month. Yes, it is outside my religion but I didn't see anything bad to join and study the Bible with them. It was one of the nights that I broke down in prayer. My heart was full of joy and peace after I first join their session. I gained new friends, and they are the people who won't judge others even though you have different beliefs and practices. It felt damn good how someone can pray for you and for your needs; to be able to pray for someone else's too! From then on, I do my best to attend Homes as one of my ways to glorify Him.

Then earlier today, I have encountered two people like the contractor guy while I was waiting on a train station:

I was on my way home from church + church duties when one guy approached me. He introduced himself then his friend came and introduced himself as well. Mind you, they look mighty fine! (As in, seriously. Too bad I wasn't able to take their picture because we're too busy talking) Haha. They were missionaries of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints or more famously known as The Church of Mormons here in Malaysia. They mentioned where they came from but due to my poor memory, I forgot already. Usually, they were sent in a country for 2 years to do their missionaries and go back to their hometown after to seek for a job. I wasn't really aware of how the Mormons practice their religion but I finally got to learn about them, thanks to these two. They gave me a brief background of how they practice and how it differs from my religion because surprisingly, one of them have joined a bible study session on Subang. They read to me a couple of verses, explained the pictures from their book, and it's not so different than I thought it was. To cut the story short, it was a random conversation about faith. It was so random but we instantly connected because we share the same thing -- our faith and our belief with the Word. I was reminded that even though religion may be one of the most sensitive topics to talk about with others, you never really have to practice their beliefs even go to their church to understand them. It is your love for the Lord and for Jesus Christ that makes you connect when you talk to others about it. I am not straying away with my religion, but I always wanted to learn about others to inform myself as well. It was such a great day to bless and be blessed. As a gift, they gave me The Book of Mormon for me to read upon! Yey! One of them even gave me his favorite chapters to read on so I can check on it too.:)


God really works wonders, you know? I'm not really sure why I was the person they approached earlier, and I'm not really sure why I get to meet these kinds of people... but if there's one thing I'm sure, it's His way of being anonymous. I'm never been happy to serve and do my best to live by His Word everyday. Ahhh. Thank You. You deserve all the praises in this world. May the Lord continue to bless all the people who do these amazing things. They make our world a better place to live in.

You May Also Like

0 comments