My first ever out-of-town trip: Cebu-Bohol ♥

by - Saturday, October 22, 2011

It was always my dream to go to different places and learn something from their culture. I wanted to go somewhere just to see the beauty of this country and the world, but there are some circumstances that won't allow me to. Last year was the first time that I tried to join the craze of airline's promo fares. One day, Airphil Express had this 100 pesos promo fare. It was my first time to find flights from wherever destination in this country and luckily, I found a date which is still not taken! That started our Cebu-Bohol trip!!

Seriously, that was my first time ever to ride a plane! Talk about how ecstatic and nervous I am by the time we were boarding! Haha. I am happy for I will be spending a 5-day vacation with my family, but sad because my sister cannot be with us because of her examinations. So we arrive at Cebu-Mactan International Airport, Sunday October 9, 2011 at around 9 am. I planned to start our tour at Bohol first so we rushed to Pier 4 I think to catch the ferry to Tagbilaran by 9:30 am. It was funny  because we got at the port exactly 9:30 am, and the cashier was she was also rattled because the ferry needed to depart already.:)) 

And there, Tagbilaran Bohol... here we gooooo! We had our lunch at the famous Loboc River floating restaurant. I find the food just fine, there's nothing to me amazed about... it was purely just sight seeing of what Bohol has to offer. Next, we went to see the Tarsiers, they are too tiny! It was somehow scary on how they look, but it seems like they don't care about people around. We were just advised not to touch them nor take pictures of them with the flash of the camera because it will stress them. Stressing them is equals suicide for Tarsiers!! Weird isn't it? But that's how they live. Next stop was the beautiful Chocolate Hills!!! Wah, I am amazed with the view of the hills. IT IS SO BEAUTIFUL!! I never imagined that I'd get to see that in person thinking that we were just studying about them when I was young. Then we get to pass by the Man Made Forest which was absolutely world class. I love how the trees stand tall, they were planted for like 50 years already and see how cool it looks! We also get to see the Butterfly Sanctuary of Bilar where they culture the different kinds of butterflies, dead or alive! Last stop for the day was the Hanging Bridge. It was made of purely kawayan, and each step you take will shake the whole bridge! It was shaky and I ended up being dizzy because of passing it. Haha.


We got the chance to check-in at Dumaluan Beach Resort, it was fully-booked then that night... but we were lucky to have a room to spend the night with! The morning right after... I saw the beauty of the Panglao beach. I was blown away with the beauty of it! White sand, clear waters... nah!! I fell in love with the beach! If only we could stay there longer... :) We checked out before lunch, ate at Chicken Ati-atihan then continued the tour we were supposed to have the other day. We went to Bohol Bee Farm first, saw how they take care of the bees for the harvest of honey. The tour there was cool, for they also have their own livelihood where they weave for bags, placemats and others. What's thrilling there is the time for dessert! Talk about having a Spicy Ginger ice cream and a Malunggay ice cream in a cassava cone!!! It was yummy except that the spicy ginger was that spicy haha. All in all, it was a good try. Next stop was the Hinagdanan Cave. It was named Hinagdanan because you are to use stairs to go there. The tour guide was so funny that made the tour so memorable. I had fun taking pictures in the cave, but I'm jealous because the guide knows how to use my camera better than I do. Hahaha. I guess the last stop of our Bohol tour was the Blood Compact. There was this statue or whatsoever that was where Miguel Lopez de Legazpi was having a blood compact with others in his time. And finally, we went to the port to go back to Cebu!


We arrived at Cebu looking for a place to stay. We had a good rest the whole night, and took the tour in the morning.


It was a drizzling at first and then ending by raining that day, yet nothing could stop us for having a tour of the City. We got to eat at the famous CNT Lechon, it is really that delicious compared to the other lechons we eat here. You'll crave for that taste but only Cebu has it. We went to see Magellan's Cross, the Basilica Minore Del Sto. Niño, roamed around Fort San Pedro and Plaza Independencia, Cebu City Cathedral, walked through to see the Colon Monument located at the Colon Street which is the oldest street in the Philippines! Then the Heritage of Cebu Monument, got the chance to see ancestral houses like Yap-San Diego's and Casa Gorordo's. AND I got the chance to experience Sky Walk and Edge Coaster together with my older sister and the son my my mom's boyfriend. I promised myself to experience it if ever I got the chance to go to Cebu, and I did. It was fun and not-so scary, but I was thrilled with the moving Edge Coaster tilted at the Crown Regency building. It was a hell fun experience, and I will never forget experiencing it with the rain!


Since it was raining hard the night before, all the ferries was cancelled. We were supposed to be at the Bantayan island the next day but the weather did nit permit us to. :( It was sad that I didn't get the chance to see the beauty of the beach, but next time maybe I will. Instead, we went to see Mactan Monument and Lapu-Lapu shrine. You'll find the cheapest goods there! Then we went to TOPS, but since it was still drizzling that time, we found nothing but fog. You can see the whole Cebu there, but nah... another unlucky moment because of the weather. Next stop was the Taoist Temple, it was my first time to actually see a Chinese architecture that time. It was adorable. Then we bought the famous danggit at the Tabo-an market to buy some for us and for pasalubong for our friends also. The next day was just a free day for us... and the day that ends our bakasyon engrande.

I loved Bohol more than Cebu, for Cebu is somehow like Manila already. I love how preserved Bohol is, how great people are in there and how they take time to make Bohol more beautiful for the tourists to see. This trip is truly remarkable for me. It is my first time ever to go far from Luzon and see the tourist spots that I am just seeing in pictures before. It was amazing how beautiful everything is. I just hope that I will get the chance to do this more often, maybe with family or maybe with my friends. Thank You so much for this, and I wish to see the beauty of the world soon! :)

_mayls :]

You May Also Like

0 comments