An Open Letter To 2011.:)
As usual, I don't know where to start. It's hard to write something when you can't contain whatever you feel; for all I feel now is pure happiness. I wrote a year-ender blog for 2010... exactly the same day last year, I entitled it "2011 = BEGIN". I guess the word begin really fits my 2011. Each year, it became my tradition to write something that will summarize my whole year, but I am writing a letter now for a change.:]
Dear 2011,
I am writing a letter now because you are special. This year has been so amazing to me, it is so amazing that looking back to everything that happened makes me smile. Your year made me stronger. Your year made me learn a lot of things that made me be a better person I am now. It has been a year of rock and roll, you know that. I may have cried for the same things over and over, but you did not let me down, you always give me something to look forward to.
It has been a series of letting go and moving on, I have lost some connections with some of my friends, I lost a friend slash colleague; yet all you did was to teach me everything to appreciate and love what I have now. I am happy that I gained a tight connection with my closest friends, for you always give me the chance to catch up with them. Your year helped me love what I do, helped be a better professional and helped me strive to learn the things needed for my job. I never felt appreciated until your year came. It is even your greatness that you paved the way for me to get closer to God, sacrificing my social life at first was hard... but it is all worth it. I am even thankful for surviving all our financial crisis in your year, that saving for the future is essential in my living.
I will never forget you for letting me witness my favorite artists perform in my country, hearing my favorite songs live was just a dream then but you made me live it. Then you were even that wonderful to let me travel with my family, for those are the moments I know I won't have everyday. I don't know if I will be thankful for the accident that happened to me earlier this month, but rather I am beyond thankful that I am still alive despite of my head wound and bruises. You made me realize not to wish for people who will care for me, but to see who actually cares.
Thank you for all the pain, heartaches, puffy eyes and all those sleepless nights... for I won't learn to be grateful for what's happening now. Thank you for giving me the chance to be happy again, for letting me fight for my happiness, for helping me stand through my choices, and mostly for letting me love and be loved. I may be leaving you behind, but please know that you are extremely wonderful. You are the year of my maturity, in which I will forever cherish. I have so much smiles for you 2011, thank you for being so good to me. You made me learn so much and I promise you to always keep that in my heart and in my mind and that I will be better in the years coming. I promise to dream BIG this 2012, to start living my dreams and saving up for my future. Because of you, I am fearlessly welcoming 2012. Thank you for reminding me to live. laugh. love. I will forever keep you in my heart. :)
Thank you and You for you made my year.♥
Much love,
_mylesü
PS. Kindly whisper at 2012 to love me the way you did. I will miss you, thank you forever.:)
-----------------------------------------------------------
Happy happy new year everyone! May you have an awesome 2012!
Thank You for everything, I will forever owe my happiness to You. Please keep my family and friends safe always.:)

0 comments