daPatty Laurel.
I am dedicating this whole blog entry to the person above, I'll explain why later. Who is she? So if I were to define Patty Laurel, I would have it as these:
Pat-ty Lau-rel [pa-tee lawr-uhl, lor-]
(noun).: host, model, teacher, blogger, traveler, fiance of Patrick Filart (hahaha!)
...but I have learned that she's more than that.
First week of January 2012 when my officemate introduced me to Patty's blog. I have read the first entry that she got engaged on New Year's eve. And I was like, who's the guy? What happened to her and Atom Araullo? I never knew that they separated until this year. Atom Araullo was my forever crush back in Breakfast days. I used to watch them before I leave our house for school. When I signed up for Twitter in 2009, I hurriedly searched and followed Atom and I found out that she was dating Patty Laurel. I find her familiar that time, then I remember that they were both hosting the Breakfast morning show! My apologies that I only watch the show for Atom so I do not care about the others hosting there! (Yes, I know I am that nonsense haha) From then, I followed Patty too so that I could gather chismis about them and all that. Hehe. But then I unfollowed her for some forgotten reason.
I started reading her blog, I actually got addicted to it. I even forgot that I am at the office, had work to do but then I opted to continue reading her blog until the very first entry of that blog (I'm on the October 2011 part already, I'm nearly done!). I admire her for sharing everything. I love how she writes, that for when I read her entry, I feel like she's just talking to me. I even find her so funny! I relate myself to her because of her love for sweets, totally. I can eat all my favorite sweets in one sitting, and my mom would just make me stop because my tonsillitis might swell again. Hahaha! She's a cool blogger and a great traveler. I envy her that she had been to 29 countries at the age of 28. Awesome right? Her goal is to travel as her age which I find so amusing. Seeing all those beautiful places she's been to made me more envious. I wanna be like one too. I followed her again on twitter, mention her whenever I read her blog and congratulate her for the engagement. Patrick is such a lucky guy to have her! But then again, they're both lucky to have each other.
Last Wednesday, she tweeted that she blogged a new entry. I hurriedly read it and replied to that tweet. To my surprise, she replied to it! I was like literally jumping up and down when I read it! I saw her reply when I got home from my cruise dinner with my officemates which was actually pretty late already that's why I happily slept that night.
See how nice she is? Yeee! I feel so kilig whenever I read that or even remember it. I love her so much that she took the time to read my tweet, and replied to it! Gah! I feel like I won in a lottery. Hahaha. I wanna be her friend, or like her new bestfriend! Chos, I know it won't happen but I'm so stoked to be noticed by her. As what I have said on twitter, she is like my blog and travel hero that is why I am this happy! Thank you for that Miss Patty!
Well, what can I say? Best of wishes to her and to Patrick. I am happy for her that she finally found the one. May she continue to inspire other people on everything that she does. I just wish her the happiness and all the love in the world!! I would love to meet her someday. Yes, that's a great idea... meeting Patty Laurel should be in my bucketlist. And for that, I should start listing my bucketlist!!! I wanna travel the world as much as Bianca Gonzalez and Patty Laurel does it. I got another role model to look up to, and it's her: the person in the title of this blog entry. :)


0 comments