Going Geek: May The Odds Be Ever In Your Favor!

by - Monday, June 18, 2012

If there is one thing that I hate about myself, it will be how I never loved to read. I was never a bookworm, nor a person who will read every single detail in a paragraph. No. Never. If God splashed the love of reading to the people in this world, maybe I was under an umbrella that I didn't get any. I can classify myself as a selective reader. Like in a flock of words, my eyes will instantly skip some words unintentionally! That's why I suck in reading comprehensions. It will take me forever and such focus to understand what a certain paragraph is saying. Yes, I may have read books before but it is always this "love-hate relationship" with them. Hehe.

Yet things change, permanently. I believe so.

81 chapters. 3 books. One great writer. The Hunger Games.

Suzanne Collins changed everything! I never loved reading, I swear. But after reading the first book which is The Hunger Games, I ended up wanting for more. It is the fastest book I have ever read, it's like finishing three books in less than 2-3 weeks I guess. It even became a good strategy for me to watch the movie first before reading the books. There were comparisons made, like some parts are changed... this did not happen in the book, something like that. But while reading it, my imagination became wicked. I see all the characters in my head, picturing out the scenes written in the book. It is that amazing that after finishing a book, you'll eventually get the next one so that you won't miss a thing. 

Suzanne is such a brilliant writer. I don't know how she did it, but there's magic within the book. I know The Hunger Games is being compared with the old Japanese movie: Battle Royal, but this is totally a different story. It may be the same on how the characters kill each other; yet Suzanne have given more spice in the trilogy book. I am so hooked with Katniss and Peeta's love story! Ha. You better read all the books so you would know who ended up with Katniss. Team Peeniss here! Hahaha. Hai, I fell in love with the book so much that I expect a great movie for Catching Fire. I am really excited on how they will pull of the second movie, most especially the Quarter Quell part. The second book is my favorite book because it's the part where Katniss and Peeta have so much part there, it is also where I found my other favorite characters! The Mockingjay, which is the third book is just so heartbreaking. It is the part where all the wars started, where Peeta hated Katniss and how the rebels won over the Capitol. Wew.

I love how the books depict the Gale-Katniss-Peeta love triangle, Haymitch's sober part, Finnick Odair and Johanna Mason! Ooh everything about Quarter Quell actually and the part where Katniss and Peeta continued to act as lovers eventhough Katniss already felt something! *blush* I really love the book, it is highly recommended! Thank you Suzanne Collins for your wild imagination, for being such an amazing writer that made me love reading again.

I am seriously looking forward to the movie.:) 
Rating: 5 out of 5.

You May Also Like

0 comments