Moved.
It's been months already of my job hunting, I believe, 2 months to be exact. Eversince the announcement was made (that my former company will be closing), I hurriedly searched for my next destination. I don't even know how many companies I've been interviewed on, those were the countless times I asked God to help me find the right one.
Until then, I haven't found the company that will fit my profile and will hire me. I had one offer, but it was not enough for my needs. As frustrating as it gets, I lost my confidence and my motivation in the process. Sometimes it felt like I wasn't born for this industry... like a struggle to fit in. Like some technical interviews made me feel sad, and worst: made me feel like giving up. Then friends and colleagues will make me realize that this is a test of faith, this is a test of patience... a test of trust, a test of how you will stay positive amongst all trials. It is how you lean to your faith, how you let God do the rest.
I am even lucky enough to have such supporting family and friends to help me face this. I swear, this might be the hardest challenge I've had... going back to zero is a no joke. Aside from having responsibilities at home, I have to find a job right away so as not to force my sister to stop studying. I don't want her to experience that, that's why I'm pushing myself not to slack.
Losing motivation was part of all of this, but I feel like I have regained it today. I had my final interview in a company where my two batchmates from college are working in. It was a casual talk with one of the owners of the company, where he explained me like if ever I will be hired, I will be part of this product etc, and explaining what the company does... and how long it's been running. And yes, it's another start-up company. I don't know if I should be afraid of this scenario because of what happened to my former company, but they gave me an answer on this very day also. After a short interview, I was able to talk to the other owner of the company. It was another casual talk, but then I've learned that I was not just talking to two company owners/managers/CEO whatevers.
I am talking to individuals who made history in telecommunications in the Philippines.
Stoked, amazed, surprised, overjoyed. That's everything I felt on that very moment when I knew what have they done before. The first person who interviewed me is like the master of the Ericsson vendor. In Telco world, there are several vendors as I have encountered also in REWSS: Nokia, Ericsson, Alcatel, Nortel and Huawei. Those are what I know... I don't know if there are other existing vendors other than those. He came from PLDT, and as what he said; he's one of the terrors in his time. On the other hand, the other interviewer came from the top two telco companies: SMART and GLOBE. And guess what, he was the one responsible of the text messaging or even the mobile communication we have now. Isn't that amazing? I'm talking to people who made difference in this country. Ha! The other one said that there's this PhilTel existing in the Philippines, and is the top in the world as far as he remember... until the other guy created SMART and outgrown PhilTel (which is Talk N Text now if I'm not mistaken). He was then pirated by GLOBE, that's why GLOBE exists! Would you even believe that? I have never believed in someone's vision until today. I was in awe while talking to them. I can't even believe that I could be part of their vision if ever I will be hired in the company they are trying to build.
They never left telecommunications. I even asked them why choose a start-up company than to be in a stabilized company. Simple. It is because they own something already, they created something on their own. Because you can grow more in a small company and tremendously learn more. Ahh, I'm still amazed until now. Having to shake my hands with those people. Waw. I knew God is working his way for me to land into a great job. I really do hope to be part of it.
One day, I would love to see myself create something also. I will. I know that one day will come. It is just this amazing feeling to be talking to people who made our lives easier. Hai Lord, ang galing mo talaga! Thank You for helping me regain my motivation. Help me keep my focus and keep my goal.
As what I've read in a friend's status on Facebook:
"Lose your pride, lose your patience, and lose your mind. But whatever you do, don't lose hope."
Thank You for all of this. :)

0 comments