Going Geek: Perks Of Being A Wallflower
Dear friend,
I have finished reading the book Perks of being a Wallflower. It will be soon a motion picture to be seen this fall, and I'm quite excited to watch something I have already read. At first I was confused and bored with the story, but I became interested later on. If I were a teenager reading it, I would definitely learn something. But since I'm an adult already, it made me look back on my teenager days. Thankfully, I wasn't a wallflower back then... but I had different set of friends that made me learn how to keep up with highschool and all that. Charlie was a brave young man, I must say. It could be bad for him at some point, but it was part of him learning about life and having friends. It was just sad that a part of his childhood life was broken by a person he trusted the most.
People will encounter different sets of characteristics that will help them grow and see life differently, and they will mold us to a person we never thought we could be. We could become someone bad or good, but it will always be our choice. We always choose what we will do in life, but we must always think ahead and be responsible about the consequences it may have. I'm glad Charlie found true friends that helped him be there and participate. Life is an everyday test, but whatever this life leads us, we must look back and remember who we are.
I loved the book actually, like I'm more thankful for the friends I have, for not trying hard to be someone to fit in. I hope teenagers will read the book, so they will be able to prepare and be themselves if this scenario comes to their lives. As I have said, I am really excited to see the film, and I'm hoping that it will turn out well as much the book did. :)
Love,
_myles
You may notice that I'll be using the 'Going Geek' label for now for each read I will have. I never thought I will able to read many books as I can lately despite my love-hate relationship with books! As I've told you, it's all love now.:)
I was able to finish Perks of being A Wallflower, I started reading it some time ago; yet I was bored because the book was all about letters from Charlie to a secret friend. That was the time when I started reading Fifty Shades trilogy and so I forgot reading this book. Good thing, I remembered that I wasn't done reading it... as usual, I came back to read it again!
"We accept the love we think we deserve."


0 comments