JC Valentin.
How do you greet a person a happy birthday and may you rest in peace?
Quite alarming right? For I have that scenario today. I am dedicating this blog to him because he was once part of my life. He was my classmate during my senior years in high school, and was a teammate in Taekwondo. Thanks to Facebook for notifying us on who's having a birthday on a certain day, but who knows, Facebook and social media could also be the key on spreading news like this. His timeline is flooded by birthday greetings, then later came the we will miss you and rest in peace posts.
Sometimes, I try to question God if a person could really complete his/her journey at a young age. Given the fact that this friend haven't reached his dreams, built his own family, and so like that. I refused to believe at first, but I realized that JC is a one happy person and will do things that will make his loved ones happy. Then I remember that he once did things because that's what keeps him happy, even though it means sacrifices and hardships. It's hard to tell if his journey ended happy, knowing that he suffered complications with his sickness before; I really wish it did. It's sad to remember all the happy moments I'm lucky enough to share with him, most especially victories carrying the name of our Alma Mater... but then again, I am thankful for God has given us an angel who made a difference in this world. I may not be close enough with him to see his highs and lows, but I am grateful to be someone who knew him.
Last night was not the usual meetup Don, Jorelle and I have. We always meet so we could catch up, share the latest gossip or even ask for a certain advice for the problems we have. As always, we would laugh at everything, go home happy and relieved. It did not happen last night. It was an emergency meetup so we can let our other batchmates know what happened to JC. It's saddening to look back at everything, knowing that we once laughed at what he did and used it against his personality. It is even disappointing to realize and reflect about life when you lost someone, it is such a wake up call for us. We sometimes overlook on people who we don't know, cares for us deeply. I remembered so much about JC last night. I remember all the happy trainings we share every Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays... having his two siblings whom I play with. I will forever remember his bouncing hair, on how we tease him that he looks so good when he spars. How he dances so well, how he opened up who he really is... how he shared his life to everyone. He is just a happy person, and I didn't realize that he will affect our lives like this
JC,
I thank you for being such a good person. Thank you for sharing your triumphs and defeats with me and with the whole DPS team. I will miss you dancing and kicking armors. I will miss how you laugh and how you make landi. Haha. I thank you for sharing me your happy days, I will miss your bouncing hair. May you have a happy journey to heaven. Please tell God to take care of your loved ones and friends who are hurting because they will miss you. Thank you for existing and touching our lives. Thank you for being you, for making us realize that we only have one life... a life that we must value and live to the fullest. God bless you, val. May you rest in peace.
Last night was not the usual meetup Don, Jorelle and I have. We always meet so we could catch up, share the latest gossip or even ask for a certain advice for the problems we have. As always, we would laugh at everything, go home happy and relieved. It did not happen last night. It was an emergency meetup so we can let our other batchmates know what happened to JC. It's saddening to look back at everything, knowing that we once laughed at what he did and used it against his personality. It is even disappointing to realize and reflect about life when you lost someone, it is such a wake up call for us. We sometimes overlook on people who we don't know, cares for us deeply. I remembered so much about JC last night. I remember all the happy trainings we share every Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays... having his two siblings whom I play with. I will forever remember his bouncing hair, on how we tease him that he looks so good when he spars. How he dances so well, how he opened up who he really is... how he shared his life to everyone. He is just a happy person, and I didn't realize that he will affect our lives like this
JC,
I thank you for being such a good person. Thank you for sharing your triumphs and defeats with me and with the whole DPS team. I will miss you dancing and kicking armors. I will miss how you laugh and how you make landi. Haha. I thank you for sharing me your happy days, I will miss your bouncing hair. May you have a happy journey to heaven. Please tell God to take care of your loved ones and friends who are hurting because they will miss you. Thank you for existing and touching our lives. Thank you for being you, for making us realize that we only have one life... a life that we must value and live to the fullest. God bless you, val. May you rest in peace.
Love, myles


0 comments