Family Ties
Last February 17, we spent our Sunday to be with my beloved lola once again... even if it's simply visiting her grave, I know she's happy that we took time to visit her and cleaned her grave. It was a day well-spent with our relatives remembering the life of nanay. It was hard to miss her, for it would be lovelier to have her around that day; but things are not the same anymore.
While Tito Fhike and Mamate were busy painting nanay's grave with her favorite color (imagine that her grave is like the only grave that was painted mint green! haha sosyal talaga ng nanay, gusto nya maarte pati libingan nya!); stories about her making paramdam, coming to Tita Tita's dream, and even joking around even when she's gone already. Funny how nanay can do such silly things to us so that we'll always remember her. After painting her grave, we went to Luneta to have picnic and to just enjoy that time we are together. It was such a refreshing feeling to be with them again; eventhough we all feel sad of nanay's death, life goes on and so we must move on. It's like doing a traditional family day, having fun and catching up with what's happening lately. I never got to experience having picnic at parks or maybe I don't remember any, but I really loved that day.
What made that day lovelier was the Musical Dancing Fountain in Rizal Park! Ha! I feel like I went back to being a child in awe of what I witnessed. It was a brilliant idea of the National Parks Development Committee that they took part of recreating the amenities of Rizal Park. I didn't know that such dancing fountain exists there, that's why when my tita said that we'll watch it... I didn't know that we are waiting for a such beautiful creation. The show starts at around 7pm every Saturdays and Sundays, and could last for more than an hour! I enjoyed how the water is dancing synchronized with the music, it's like a pyromusical water version haha! I promise that you'll enjoy seeing that awesome view. The fountain was like a sea of colors dancing happily and will amuse you with how it moves. I am seriously proud that we have something like this in Manila, for families can enjoy a beautiful view for a cheaper price. Imagine that you'll only need food to eat, a blanket or a mat to sit in, and money for going there! Yay! Win-win situation right? I really loved that kind of view where families get to spend a day like that. It's really more fun in the Philippines! :) They even have shows before the musical fountain like tribal dances, ati-atihan and other performances that showcase Philippine culture.
![]() |
| Poor quality, I know! haha |
I love that our country is working hard to beautify the places which were part of the history. It attracts tourists, couples, and families that would help formulate the bond in each home. I'm glad I got to witness the musical dancing fountain, I realized that there's really more to see in this country. Love our own, love Philippines! :)









0 comments