Disabled.

by - Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Everyday, I ride MRT on my way to work and on my way home (if ever there is still trains operating at that hour). Nothing new usually happens, except when people fight over space or if ever they were pushed too much by someone. As weird as it is, fighting on MRT became normal already especially on rush hours. Mostly it is just a train ride, until last night happened. The MRT was approaching to North Avenue station while it suddenly stopped; resulting to a disabled person completely falling to the train's ground. She was standing on the disabled area when it happened. I saw it all how she held on the bar but she fell into a sitting position anyway. She can hardly lift herself up after that. Luckily, many passengers were concerned and were to nice to help her get up. I felt like crying when it happened. That look on her face when she looked at everyone... I wonder what crossed her mind. I wonder what she was thinking then. I wanted to hug her and ask if she's okay, but I guess and I really hope that she is.

And then thoughts came rushing in. 

I am blessed to have a working body. I mean I do not have any disability to start with. But with what I saw last night? I wonder how she went through everything. Her childhood, if that was inborn or something, the bullies out there, the people who take advantage of someone's disability and all that. I'm dishearteaned and sad thinking that she might be ashamed of herself after that fall. I know this is a weird thought or a senseless post, but I need to let this all out or I might be forever sad if I see someone like her again.

Well, shame on you MRT. Or shame on the public transportation in this country. Haha sa kanila talaga sinisi. But seriously.

Sending many, many, many, many, as many possible hugs to all disabled people! I hope that you don't feel ashamed of what you lack, or of what you don't have. Please don't let it stop you from reaching your goals or from living your daily life. And always remember that God won't give you something you can't handle.:)

You May Also Like

0 comments