Miracle in Cell No. 7
I've been seeing a lot of posts about Miracle in Cell No.7 lately. People posting about how they cried while watching it, tissues, tears, and all that. So I decided to see it earlier because of my curiosity... and damn it, for it was too perfect for Father's Day.
I swear, I have never cried that hard while watching a movie. It was pure heartfelt and sincerity that my heart aches until this very moment I am writing about it. It was a story about an intellectually handicapped father (Lee Yong Goo), who loved his daughter so much (Ye Seung). Yong Goo thinks like a 6-year old child, but is a very responsible one. He wanted to provide and be able to give Ye Seung the Sailormoon Bag so that she can use it for school. Every single day, they look and dream at the bag displayed at the store hoping that one day Yong Goo can buy it for Ye Seung. Until one day, a commissioner bought that last Sailormoon bag for his daughter. While Yong Goo was on his shift for work, the commissioner's daughter came to Yong Goo to tell him a place where he can find another Sailormoon bag. The rest was history. The commissioner's daughter died while they were on their way to show Yong Goo the place. Because of his incapability to defend himself, Yong Goo on the other hand, was convicted on murder, rape and other criminal cases he didn't even commit.
Yong Goo was then imprisoned; he was placed in a cell where 5 criminals were taking advantage of him at first, leaving Ye Seung alone on the outside world. What touched me the most is that even when Yong Goo is incapable of thinking like an adult, he knows what is right from what is wrong. He saved the life of his cellmate, who made a way to get and hid Ye Seung in their cell in return. Yong Goo's love for his daughter was priceless. How he loved and cared for Ye Seung made me cry a river. Even his cellmates, I never knew that they would do all those to help Yong Goo be with Ye Seung.
I might spoil everyone if I continue to talk about the movie, but this is one movie you shouldn't miss. I am a fan of how Korean movies/series can go a big way through its viewers' hearts, and it sure hell did in this one. I seriously had to pause the movie while watching it so I could breathe because I was a sobbing mess. As in hagulgol talaga! Especially that scene that they had to depart already; how Yong Goo was pleading for help and to save him. Gahd, I lost it too much that time. I was still crying even after the movie ended, because it hurt too much. I never knew that such injustice were present in other countries too, and I pray that innocent people like Yong Goo could deserve a proper justice because no lawyer stood and believed in him for he was fighting against a commissioner. I wanna cry while writing this, remembering how heavy this film was. Miracle in Cell No.7 is a perfect example of a father's love. That despite his intellectual incapability, he did everything to protect and care for his daughter.

I'm glad that I was curious enough to watch this beautiful film... even though I became an emotional wreck after, it taught me something about life. It is the kind of movie that I would want to watch again but I'm scared to because I might be destroyed over and over. Every son/daughter in this world deserves a father like Yong Goo. Ahh! To whoever wrote and made this story, I applaud you. Happy Father's Day to all fathers in this world!!
My heart is still crying. Ha.


0 comments