The Road to Cyberjaya
Before I got an opportunity to work outside Philippines, I never planned of leaving my hometown this soon. I mean I have plans of travelling and maybe trying how it is to work abroad; but I never considered it as of the moment. I believed that whatever salary that other countries are offering, I can always get that in my line of work. Yet you won't know what God has in store for you unless you are willing to push outside your boundaries.
I always prayed that if God would allow me to work abroad, then I am letting Him pave my way. I was tired of losing jobs and going through application process over and over. Start up companies are the best place to learn new things and to apply everything you've learned/been learning; but not all are secured enough to keep each employee's job. I have nothing against start ups because I am so grateful for everything that I have learned; but after my sister graduated, I felt like it is the perfect time to reach for my own dreams already. I knew that I needed a secure job. I was in the middle of an application when I met up with my college friend - Tin because she's on a vacation then. She was one of the brave ones in our batch who worked abroad at a young age. And because I was on a job hunt that time, I teased her to help me find one where she's working. Malaysia. Never in my dreams that I considered working in this country. After a few days, she asked me to send my resume to her friend so she could refer me. And then the rest was history. I just signed and started my new job in Makati when the recruiter from where I was referred to told me that I was hired. It was my second day in my new job when an unknown overseas number called me to tell me that this is their offer blah blah blah! I cannot think clearly back then because training was going on and I have nooooo idea on what to do. Haha.
Of course, it was obvious what answer I gave to them. I prayed for that long enough that God made it seem so easy for me to work here. With all the doubts, fear, confusion and sadness, God brought me here. I am even thankful that I didn't have to shell out a single peso for the processing of my papers (I just have to pay for my medical expenses), as compared to most of the OFWs who are trying to work abroad. I only needed to wait and attend those what I needed to attend to to be able to complete the papers required for me leave. Then poof! I was called one Thursday of February telling me that I will be leaving by Monday. Ha! Imagine the stress of not being prepared to leave yet. I even asked for an extension because I haven't packed my things and all that... but I have no choice but to do everything in 3 days. I don't even have time to say goodbye to everybody.:( I was given 30kg baggage allowance only -- who can fit their whole life in a 30kg baggage?! :((
Fast forward to the day I left. Today marks my 6th month since then, and yes, tears all over before I left the house,,, we prayed as a whole family and wooosah I can't hold my tears anymore and my mom cries with me too. My sisters and I don't usually hug each other, but we did for the first time as long as I can remember. Woo. Everything still feels like yesterday. I still remember those exact moments. How I cried my way back to the immigration because it is time to leave already. There was no turning back then and I'll be living on my own soon. But I owe everything of this to the Lord, without Him giving me strength; I won't able to pull this through.

0 comments