Rest easy, Grimmie nugget.

by - Sunday, June 12, 2016

October 5, 2014 -- I had the pleasure and honor of watching Christina Grimmie live in Ayala Malls. I was able to watch her at TriNoma and was lucky enough to score a meet and greet ticket from a contest winner who can't come. I bought the ticket from her and I am extremely thankful to that person up to now that I was able to meet and hug Grimmie twice.

I wasn't able to follow her YouTube journey; but I became a fan since I watched her audition in The Voice Season 6. Gahd, I fought for her. I tried to vote the hardest for her to win even though I didn't know if my votes would count because I live in Asia. I was so bummed when she didn't win. Still, God has better plans for her when Adam Levine offered her a record deal even if she wins or loses -- a first ever for a contestant in The Voice. Since then, I adored her. I watched her YouTube videos, covers, followed her silly happenings in social media. Everywhere she would post, I am updated. I even created a fan account for her so I can fangirl all over without bugging my own Twitter followers. As a normal fan, I wanted her to notice/know me. I tried joining all the contests to be able to watch her; as per usual, I didn't win any. Until one day, I don't remember how anymore, one winner could not claim her tickets, I offered to buy it then and she agreed. I was screaming and jumping because I will get to see her! She was so amazing live. TriNoma was full of people that time, and the love given by Filipino frands was so unbelievable for her; she even cried at one of her mall shows. I am damn proud to be one of those who made her feel that way. She loved us dearly. She was one of the few artists who made her fans her family and friends too. That is why she called us 'frands' (friends and fans). Christina was a ball of happy energy. She filled the whole place with her amazing voice and gahd, she was one hell of a talent. I still can remember how she sang her version of Wrecking Ball that same day and we were just screaming wild because of how high her voice would reach. 

My sister and I got to meet her, hug her, and talk to her even just for a few seconds. Autographs weren't allowed at the group meet and greet, she so badly want to sign the shirt I was asking her to sign but the organizers were scolding her already. She kept apologizing and was just so nice and warm to all of us fans hugging and wanting to know more about her. My sister and I made sure we have something for her. We bought gifts for her. We wanted her to experience home, to make her feel like home. It was a dream come true. I never thought I could ever meet one of my favorite artists and even get a chance to hold and hug her.


That's me and Marren both at her side

Never did I imagine that I will be writing this post to commemorate her. Christina was unfortunately killed by multiple gunshots on a meet and greet event after their concert in Orlando last Friday, June 10. I am still shocked and devastated until now. I never thought someone as kindhearted as her will be taken away just like that. It was so unfair.:( She was just doing the thing she loves the most... and how as tiny as her could take those shots. I can't even think about it. I feel sick each time the news will come out and it's about how she died / who killed her. There could have been a better way for this world to know her. It's saddening and it angers us, the people who loves her... but we all know how she does not want to spread hate, that the Lord loves her that much that is why He intended for it to happen. 

"Sometimes God allows terrible things to happen in your life and you don't know why. But that doesn't mean you should stop trusting Him."

Her faith was undeniable. She was always vocal about her faith, on how God commands our lives and how He loves us unconditionally. She was always there to lift up any spirit and was always there for her family. She's the kindest of all, the weirdest, and the cutest. She loved playing video games so much and I believe she is enjoying her unlimited play time in heaven. There is so much ahead of her, you know? She was just starting her career.:( Her name shouldn't be put on the map because of such tragedy; but the Lord is the writer of our lives, He has long written about this already. But dear God she's just 22 and finally living her dreams.:( It breaks my heart that this happened to her. How this is so painful to me already when I am just her fan... what more to her family and friends?</3 I am disgusted on how cruel this world is. On how people can treat others this way. :((( 

crubnugget,
I hope you are having a wonderful time in heaven. I imagined you jumping up and down and screaming hysterically because Xtina Aguilera finally tweeted you. Deym, you are viral now!:( Enjoy unlimited donuts and being a goofball in a place where your dreams are fulfilled and you're truly at peace. I love and adore you, so much. Your music is one of the things that helped me go through during a difficult time and knowing you love us just as much as we love you is comforting already. I know you're looking upon all of us, but help us get through. You were a gem, Grimmie. People finally know that now and it pains me that some people are knowing you this way. Continue rawwking and rawwking up there. Rest easy, yu nugget. I will miss you terribly. Keep singing your heart out up there. Rest easy. As what you always say at the end of your videos, byeeeeeee!!! </3 ;((( 


"I'm still letting you go, but I want you to know that I think of you, I think of you..."

You May Also Like

0 comments