Becoming a blessing to others. :)

by - Thursday, December 01, 2016

I remember my sister and I planning to have an orphanage for kids and for old people, for people who don't have anyone to take care of them, for people who don't have a roof and a bed at night, most especially for people who don't have someone who looks after them. I am not born wealthy. My family is not wealthy. We were blessed enough to have a house, a bed to sleep in, and food we can eat three times a day (even more than that). I always wanted to give back to society, to those who are in need... but I always thought that what I have is not enough. That I have plenty on my plate to take more or to give more than what I have been giving already. Until one mother needed help. I believe I mentioned in one of my posts that I have been attending a Bible study here. We usually have a group chat in Whatsapp because Whatsapp is the primary communication tool used here in Malaysia (I think). So yeah, one of the leaders mentioned that a certain churchmate of theirs was needing help. A first-time mother was rushed to the hospital because of a suspicion of preterm labor. There was so much pain in her womb but she cannot afford to be hospitalized at that time because she doesn't have enough for the downpayment and her family won't be able to send money for this kind of emergency. That church leader asked for a freewill donation for the mother so it can help in her situation. I was thinking hard enough if I should help. If I do, how much should I give? How much should I freely let go?

Until I was reminded of how God is a great giver. We ask and we ask and He gives more than what we need. Then I told myself, any amount I give will go a long way. I could help a person in dire need. And the amount I give is something I will be able to earn again, so why worry if I am capable of doing so? I sent a message to the church leader that I am willing to help; but with God's grace, the mother doesn't need to be hospitalized anymore. She was treated as an outpatient in a different hospital and donations are not needed as of the moment. That's when I finally decided to push through my plan to donate in Unicef/World Vision. I am not writing this to boast that I can do this, NO. I want to write about this because this is the very least I can do to reach those kids who deserve a proper education and proper supplies as well. We can splurge on food and on other stuff -- when it is tantamount to what these kids need be sent in school, have school supplies, proper classrooms or even temporary learning space. What is Php600 - 1,000 per month if we can waste it on something else? At least in this way, we know that people are using that amount for a purpose.



I encourage you to become a Champion for Children; whether Unicef, World Vision, orphanages or other missions like these. Be a blessing to others. This might be small but my heart has never been so happy for doing this. :)

You May Also Like

0 comments