Going Geek: The Edge of Never

by - Sunday, April 07, 2013

How do you know when you can trust a stranger? How will you know if they're true to you? Can you or will you ever fall in love with a stranger? Have you found your life's missing puzzle piece? The Edge of Never written by J.A. Redmerski just gave hope to the lives of nowhere to go.

It was such a beautiful read. The story started with Camryn Bennett, the main character of the story and her bestfriend, Natalie. Camryn always wonder if her life should be that way... a life where people expect you to do things because you're this and that. One day, she asked herself why does she needs to wake up every single day and do the same thing over and over? And this line was completely true, I bet everybody once asked themselves this: "What compels any of us to do the things we do when deep down a part of us just wants to break free from it all?" It hit me and it got me more interested reading the book.

One day, Natalie brought Camryn to a secret club because she wants her to break free. Camryn's ex-boyfriend died in a car accident that's why Natalie felt the need of doing those to Camryn. And exactly the same night, something happened that triggered Natalie to turn her back to Camryn. It is where Camryn decided to breakaway and leave town just to get out of her life in North Carolina. She took a bus to Idaho, not knowing where to go... but it's always what she wanted to do. Then she met Andrew Parrish who turned her life to where it should be.

Maybe people would never buy the idea that strangers could be something. Andrew knew that she couldn't let go of Camryn the minute she looked at him, and there goes their story. I love how the author narrated Camryn and Andrew's point of view. It's like it was never a one sided story, they both given their thoughts and stories with each other; having the time of their lives -- at the lowest point of it. I know, I shouldn't be talking about the twist of the story; but it got me crying and affected so much that I never wanted the story to end. It's like I'm living inside Andrew and Camryn's world, having fun as they are with each other, crying with them because I felt the wholeness of the story. There are parts of the story where I felt like it became another Fifty Shades of Grey like narration, but it is not even close to that. Haha. Redmerski showed that we could fall inlove with the characters as they are falling inlove with each other too. The book got me so hooked, and I never thought I'd love it the minute I read it.

I've always been wanting to do that -- ride a bus to somewhere I don't know, and just go to where it will take me. It's like the book is teaching you that you don't have to do what you do everyday to reach your dreams, for you could be something somewhere in this world... with someone you could call as your partner in crime. The phrase 'live in the now' got me inspired to travel more in this world and just do whatever. And the songs!! It will make you appreciate the classics.:) I love the idea of Andrew's tattoo! I think that's extra extra romantic to have a tattoo and connect it with someone when you've already found him/her. Andrew's was Eurydice; and it was connected to Camryn's Orpheus after they managed to fight their battle.

The Edge of Never is such a great, great read. I'm glad that my bestfriend tweeted about this and recommended me to read it, the way I'll recommend everyone to read it too! I swear you won't regret it. Just don't forget to have a handkerchief or a tissue while reading it. Ahh, I wish Andrew Parrish exists in real life. Haha. I don't know why, but each leading man in a book happens to be so perfect that we, girls wanted to have too! Funny how the authors write them that way... but nah, Andrew is the one who's so close to reality. Like he'll always remind you to live today as if there's no tomorrow. And to add my happiness and hangover to this book, it'll have a sequel coming this November!! Haaaa.<3 Thank you, J. A. Redmerski!! I wonder what would happen next to Andrew and Camryn, but surely I'll look forward to the release date of the next book. It is called The Edge of Always, and this time Andrew is on the cover! *blush* 


You won't regret reading this, I promise. :)

You May Also Like

0 comments