Fck cancer.

by - Friday, May 10, 2013

Last May 1, I was reminded that life is indeed too short; that no matter what age, how healthy you are... if it is your time, it is your time. How wonderful it is that God lent us one life to live, but how hurtful it is to those who are left behind when He takes it away. I am writing this for another colleague died, Jennifer Elaine de Leon. Well technically she wasn't really a colleague, but a co-intern. None of us ever knew she is/was sick, until condolences flooded her Facebook timeline.

I got the chance to see her for the last time last night. I admit I was indeed shocked to see her body show her struggles and pain. Little did I know, she's in greater peace at a time I was looking at her. When someone dies, I always wish to see and remember that person the way he/she was... yet it was that hard to look at her last night. I may not be able to share memories with her that much, but I know she lived her life the way she wanted it to be. It is just that sad to see someone young and just starting to experience life pass away. She was diagnosed with a brain cancer, she was able to recover the tumor, but she started to feel pain again and that was when the doctors said that there was a tumor seen again and it had gone malignant. I feel her father's pain when he started telling us what happened... for they chose to keep Jen's situation to her friends and to others who wants to connect with her, that's why we were shocked too that she's gone already.

Losing someone you love would probably be the most painful thing we could ever feel. It's anguish. The priest who initiated the mass last night said that, "if there is no love, there is no pain". We feel pain because we loved the person who passed away. I know it is hard to go on living for Jen's parents, but they have to for they still have other children to take care of. I can never question a parents' love to a child, for it is the most delicate, pure, and unconditional love being offered. That's why I couldn't imagine how much pain they are feeling right now... to lose one thing you have taken care for years.

You will be forever missed Jen, I am relieved that you're no longer in pain and suffering. We will miss you, and please say hi for us to Perns! We miss you both, I bet he's really happy to finally be with you. Have a wonderful trip to heaven! -- Myles


"Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going. " - John 14:1-4

You May Also Like

0 comments